Friday, April 22, 2011

Christianity is a Community

It is easy to find other Christians, at church! We go to church out of obedience to God's word, and because we know that it is beneficial to our lives, and to our relationship with God. Some people go just out of tradition, but I go because of a desire. The other Christians around me are my community, I go to a pretty large church so it isn't hard to make friends. This isn't the only place I feel welcomed, but it is one of my favorite "communities". These are the people who I know have the same moral based lives, so I know they wont let me down, or give me bad advice, or let me make bad decisions. We worship, pray, read the word, and go through life together. I have the biggest connection to these people, then other people i spend sometimes even more time with. Like my work is another community, and I spend more time with those friends sometimes, but don't always feel the connection, just because we live different kinds of lives outside of the boundaries of the work space. My church community is the most important to me. My friends and my family are apart of it, and really the friends in this community I treat and see as my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment